Because this fit chick is always looking for new and notable foods to satisfy a plethora of cravings, here are the food items that I’m obsessing over, of late!
Repeat after me, boys and girls – carbs are not the enemy. In fact, quality carbs will not only keep you satiated, but aid in everything from muscle growth to clean energy. Angelic Bakehouse is a recent discovery of mine, offering up quality, non-GMO ingredients in everything from bread, to wraps, and even pizza crusts. What makes this brand so amazing is its use of sprouted grains, which makes the products nutrient dense, and delicious. Don’t believe me – check out this infographic (click the pic to make it bigger).
My favorite is the Flatzza, which serves as the perfect foundation for any pizza-style toppings I’m craving that day. YUM.
FlapJacked Mighty Muffins
I have been a HUGE fan of Mighty Muffins for years, so imagine my excitement to see they are cranking out the new flavors like crazy, of late. With this new iteration, the classic blueberry muffin gets healthy – with quality protein, fiber, AND probiotics – to keep both my tastebuds and my tummy happy. In less than a minute, I’ve got a freshly “baked” good, whenever I want it.
Harney & Sons Tea
Having always been an avid coffee drinker, tea is something I’ve always been aware of, but never truly explored. Enter Harney and Sons, opening up a world of warm (and iced) beverage options, beyond the traditional green or breakfast blends. New for the season are the four varieties you see above, with Venetian Tiramisu being an unexpected favorite. A splash of milk and dash of stevia in this tea satisfies me, when the craving for something sweet hits.
La Tourangelle Oils
We all use oils in our daily cooking, and we also know how good olive oil is for you – but did you know there’s a whole world of other (in my opinion tastier!) oils out there, for your consumption? I incorporate La Tourangelle’s lineup of oils into tons of recipes, from the heart-healthy avocado to the versatile stir fry oil. In fact, here’s a recipe I’m really digging of late, straight from their website.
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp coarse or kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp mild honey
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- Pinch of cayenne or dash of Sriracha
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil and lightly oil it.
- Stir wings together with garlic, salt, soy, Hoisin Sauce, honey, Toasted Sesame Oil and cayenne or Sriracha until coated.
- Spread wings and any sauce that fell to the bottom of the bowl out on the prepared baking pan in one layer.
- Roast, turning over once, until cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer wings to a large serving bowl and toss with sesame seeds and scallions. Enjoy!