When it comes to motivating myself to either workout, or tackle a large to-do list – fewer things get me up and going better than a great set of tunes. Whether I am tired, preoccupied, or just plain unmotivated, amazing music can really pick me up and make me push harder, and get things done faster. This post is about my newest musical playback obsession – Monster’s HOTSHOT speaker, and the tunes I stream through it, to put a little more pep in my step.
#MonsterSound with the HOTSHOT Bluetooth Speaker
Music is my catalyst for motion, but I don’t always want to be tethered to a pair of headphones. Other times, I want to share my tunes with those around me. Enter a little Bluetooth speaker with some BIG sound playback capabilities.
The most compact in Monster’s SuperStar line of portable wireless Bluetooth speakers, the HOTSHOT is not only super portable, but also incredibly versatile. With all the features I’d want in a regular speaker, this powerful miniature goes anywhere I do. It plays for 5.5 hours on a charge, which is incredibly convenient, as well. Honestly, I just love that this is small enough to throw into my gym bag for a posing session, but powerful enough to be heard across my apartment when I’m cleaning – cause who doesn’t love a playlist to push them through the most mundane tasks?! The HOTSHOT is a total musical win!
And speaking of music, winning, and playlists – here are the tunes on loop during my workouts lately.
Top 15 – Cardio
When it comes to firing me up, I need songs with a driving baseline and a fast tempo. You can’t sprint to just any old song, and music with a fierce beat is what keeps me going the distance.
- Missy Elliott – WTF (Where They From?)
- DJ Snake – Turn Down For What
- Destiny’s Child – Lose My Breath
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut to the Feeling
- The Black Eyed Peas – Pump It
- Kelly Clarkson – Never Again
- L.M.F.A.O – Sexy and I Know It
- Britney Spears – Work B!tch
- Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion
- Jennifer Lopez – On the Floor
- Cobra Starship – Good Girls Go Bad
- Pat Benetar – Hit Me with Your Best Shot
- 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
- P!nk – So What
- Usher – Yeah!
Top 15 – Weight Training
With weights, nothing makes me feel tougher and stronger than some good old-fashioned hard rock and hip hop. Here’s what I rock out to when hitting the weight room:
- Metallica – Enter Sandman
- Rob Zombie – Dragula
- DMX – Party Up
- Eminem – Till I Collapse
- Limp Bizkit – Break Stuff
- Disturbed – Down with the Sickness
- Rammstein – Du Hast
- Orgy – Blue Monday
- Default – Wasting my Time
- Papa Roach – Last Resort
- Guns N’ Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
- Saliva – Click Click Boom
- Metallica – Moth into Flame
- Korn ft Skrillex – Get Up!
- Diddy ft The Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes – Victory
These are just some of my favorite songs to work out to. Share your favorite workout jams in the comments!