Muscles and protein everywhere, but what is a vegetarian to do? While meat, dairy, and whey and casein protein powders are the go-to of many for quick and easy protein, vegetarians are often left in the dark on their protein- packed options. This goes out to all of you vegetarians who find yourselves short on time and wanting in the protein department. This post is all about the benefits of soy protein, for a well-rounded diet.
For the sake of review, I had the opportunity to try protein bars such as Isatori’s Eat Smart Bar, Nogii Nutrition’s Bar, and Now Energy Bars. Of the three, Isatori’s Eat Smart was by far my favorite.
The nutritional profile of these bars speak for themselves. With a solid ratio of protein to carbs and fat grams, these make the perfect on-the-go snack for this unapologetically busy gym rat. The taste is also in a word, delicious. Think of it as a candy bar with benefits.
Here are some fun facts on soy protein, in case you wanted to know!
• Soy protein is a high‐quality, plant‐based protein derived from soybeans
• Soy protein preserves lean body mass, promotes fat loss, and boosts satiety during weight loss
• A blend of proteins – soy, whey and casein, prolongs muscle building after exercise and increases recovery compared to whey alone
• Soy protein promotes muscle growth and development
• Soy protein is equivalent to whey protein for building muscle when consumed as part of a resistance training program
• Soy protein has the ability to displace fat and sugar calories
All in all, soy protein is definitely something to consider adding to your diet, for a well-rounded, protein profile. Be sure to check out these bars, too, for some solid soy options.
And now, the giveaway! I am giving away a prize pack with all three of the bars mentioned in this post, along with some other fitness-related goodies. To enter, simply comment telling me what your favorite kind of protein is! Winner will be picked in two weeks. Good luck!