Krasey Fitness- Week 6 Update

This week’s krasey fitness update is all about frustration, and how it reared its ugly head this week.

Here I am at week 6, waging a battle against my own mind. On the one hand, I am 100% proud at having committed myself to this new lifestyle of fitness and clean living. On the other, I continue to second-guess myself, to look in the mirror and not only dislike, but loathe what I see. I work my butt off, spend an hour and a half in the gym every day, and still I am soft and misshapen, doughy and bulbous. I look in the mirror, at the numbers, and wonder when I will get to the point where I like what I see. The point where I can show my body off with pride.

If I keep pushing through and telling myself that I will get where I want to be, in due time, it will happen, won’t it?

When I first embarked on this journey and began sharing my weekly fitness updates, I made a promise to myself and all of you that I would stay completely and totally honest. This past week was one fraught with frustration, and thus this post is peppered with those feelings.

Has anyone else experienced such a rut? What got you past it, if anything?

10 thoughts on “Krasey Fitness- Week 6 Update

• August 1, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Honestly, after reading this blog post and looking at several pictures of you, I’d worry more about what your brain was yelling you than what your body is doing. I worry when people describe their bodies as misshapen, etc. You are not by any estimation ugly or fat ( having fat does not make you fat). And I think you’d find this whole process a lot more satisfying if you tried to understand why when I read this post i get the eking the word ‘hate’ would easyily be on to describe your body. I’ve found at that point, body shape, size , etc. Means little to what you think you look like..

• August 1, 2011 at 12:52 pm

i hear you. i’ve been working out hard with a personal trainer since march, and am only just starting to feel like i’m seeing results. remember that it’s a journey, and that anything that works super fast is probably not going to last. summer is hard, too! you’ll get there… it just takes time!

hang in there!!
    xo grace
    stripesandsequins.com

• August 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Adina, gorgeous, we all go through this. Having lost 50 lbs in the last year, I know exactly what it’s like – I’ve been on a plateau pretty much for the last few months and it’s been hard. But I keep wanting to ask the same questions when I see people going through your issues: 1) What are you doing to workout (specifically)? 2) Are you recording what you eat? 3) Are you doing any weight training? 3) Are you drinking enough water and getting enough sleep?Your body will get used to the workout you’re doing if you’re not switching it up every 30 days too, so think about that. Please feel free to email me – I would be more than happy to help you out!

• August 1, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Adina, you are so beautiful inside and out. You have been an inspiration to me for quite a long time now thru fashion and cosmetics and your blogging is filled with passion. Getting fit is a long process. It takes quite a while so stick with it. We will never look like we did when we were younger. Our bodies are more mature and the weight is harder to get off. Keep working at it. Curves are sexy and you are that. It is a struggle for me daily to get my workout in. I don’t belong to a gym so I keep a log of what I do at home. Oxygen magazine is fantastic and has weight training workouts that keep you interested. Hearing my husband tell me how proud he is of me and I look great is my inspiration to keep me going. The attention I get from others also keeps me going. I know people notice so I want to move ahead and get even better. You can do it. Be patient and you are beautiful….

• August 1, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Adina you are amazing both inside and out! I am sorry this week is a struggle. Unfortunately I don’t have any great words of wisdom as I am going through my own struggles…hang in there and you may go through plateaus but you need to persevere!

• August 4, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Hannah, thank you so much for the kind words. Your support means so much to me! 🙂

• August 4, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Krista, you have been such a huge supporter from day 1. I have been following your fitness journey as well, and to say that I am impressed is an understatement. You are not only a wonderful reader, but a wonderful friend, too! Here’s to both of us always moving forward!

• August 4, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Sarah, I have already told you how much I adore you. Cannot wait to have a proper conversation!

• August 4, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Grace, thank you so much for your kind words. We should get a training session in together, one of these days! 🙂

• August 4, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Rachel, I appreciate your opinion. I tend to go into these phases that are rather centered on self-loathing. I’m working on it, but it will definitely be a journey in and of itself.