When it comes to the topic of teeth whitening, Crest obviously leads the pack. Myself eager to learn more about the whitening process, I interviewed cosmetic dentist to the stars, Dr Michael Apa. Without further adieu, here it is:
First off, talk to us about whitening. On the most basic level, what is involved in the whitening process?
- Whether you whiten your teeth at home using over-the-counter products, or you get professional whitening treatments from the dentist office, the whitening process typically involves the use of the ingredient hydrogen peroxide. The main difference between at-home whitening products, such as Crest Whitestrips, and in-office treatments is the way and the duration in which the whitening ingredient is applied. For example, Whitestrips use a 10% concentration of whitening ingredient, while in-office procedures use up to a 35% concentration. In-office procedures also use lights and lasers to speed up the whitening process.
- If you are looking for professional-level results, there is no need to pay the hefty price tag. In general, in-office procedures usually offer quicker results, but cost significantly more. However, Crest Whitestrips now offer a new product, Crest 3D White 2 Hour Express Whitestrips, which gives you results in only two hours with the convenience of treating at home. And because this package includes four treatments (each treatment lasts three months), it’s enough to keep your smile whiter and radiant for an entire year.
When it comes to whitening products, what are ingredients we should be on the lookout for?
- Look for products that contain hydrogen peroxide, which is enamel safe and the same effective whitening ingredient that dentists use.
- In between whitening treatments, I recommend using a good whitening toothpaste, like the new Crest 3D White Advance Vivid Enamel Renewal Toothpaste, because it removes up to 90% of surface stains in just 14 days while also strengthening and rebuilding tooth enamel below the surface.
- I recommend the new Crest 3D White 2 Hour Express Whitestrips which contain a thicker ingredient layer, providing significantly more enamel safe whitening ingredient that whitens in just two hours. Now, you can whiten without the wait, with no planning required. Results from one treatment can last up to three months so you will be able to achieve a whiter, brighter smile almost instantly.I find that they help me to maintain my white smile and I find the ease of use attractive. Also, I trust my whitening to Crest—after all they are the creators of Whitestrips—the #1 dentist-recommended brand.
Well folks, I hope you enjoyed this special interview. Did you learn anything new?
Also, a special thanks to Crest, and Dr Michael Apa.