Color Story and Review (Color Story information and promotional image credited to Specktra.net)
* Silver Thorn – While this color looked straight up silver in the pan, on my hand it transformed to a silver with strong gold/green tones to it. The uniqueness of this shade is making me consider adding it to my collection
* Of Summer – Another frosty light shade of pass. Not terribly original, I will pass on this one.
* Creme de Violet – A permanent color, Creme de Violet is a midtone pinky lavendar
* Shadowy Lady – Blackened burdundy and also part of the permanent collection
* Et Tu, Bouquet – A frosty pink with strong gold tones. Another highlight color, nothing we have not seen before sadly.
Pigments- If you do not have these from the previous launches, I do recommend them
* Mutiny – A glittery shade of sky blue
* Circa Plum – Dirty mid-tone plum.
* Way To Love – Another light pink with light color payoff, pass
* A Rose Romance – A medium rose with fair color payoff. Reminded me a bit of the new Viva Glam VI SE lipstick
* Odyssey – Permanent to the collection, a dark shade of plum which applies relatively lighter on the skin
Lipglass- These stay true to the traditional lipglass formula, albeit with seemingly more reflective glitter
* Virgin Kiss – Glittery Pale Pink
* Magnetique – High shine dark violet/pink
* Steal My Heart – Sheer bright pink
See Thru Lip Colour- MAC has released these many times before. If you are a fan of stains you might like these. Personally, I am not. They are way too much work for barely there color
* Loving Touch – A light pink, this one hardly showed up on my hand and will not do anything for my pigmented lips
* Secret Crush – Red berry in color. Also sheers down a lot
* Tender Tryst – Sheer plum
* Just a Pinch – Looks dark red in the pot but blends into the skin beautifully to create a flushed shade of pink. These are EXACTLY like Tarte Cheek Stains in both texture, blendability and color. It comes in a jar the size of a paintpot jar.
Beauty Powder- These were one of my favorite parts of the collection. These look satiny in the pan, but apply with a subtle sheen and irridescance. They are just dark enough to be used as a blush on my NW15 self, and the rose embossed pattern on the powder is gorgeous!
* Blush of Youth – Cool pink
* Summer Rose – Dusty rose
* Love & Friendship – A mauvey shade of lavender. This one reminded me a lot of the current color I am wearing, Done Out in Deco by OPI. Only difference is L&F is much more mauve whereas DOID is straight up lavender. This is a pretty color, but MAC nail lacquers always leave me wishing they wouldn’t chip so much
* Splashproof Lash – Finally repromoting a waterproof mascara for a spring collection. Who woulda thunk it, haha.
* Fix+ Rose – This looks and feels exactly like the original Fix+ that we all know and love. Only difference is that this one carries the light scent of roses. I think this will come home with me 🙂
* Creations: DejaRose – This one is heavily rose scented. Honestly, I was not a fan. It was a bit too “mature” for me.
Overall, I felt that this was a well-rounded, but boring collection. The pastel shadows didn’t inspire, nor did the the already beaten to death pink/plummy lip shades.
Standouts for me included Silverthorn Eyeshadow, the beauty powders, and the Fix+ with rose.
I hope you enjoyed my review, would love to know what you will all be hauling! Comment box is open for business 😉